Sunday, September 25, 2011

1. Introduction

I'm going to attempt the 100 theme writing challenge again. The first is an introduction, so I felt I should write about my own life... in a sense.

-----


A cat. A Persian cat. A hatred for grooming, for spending money, and for being told that I’m not good enough, and yet… This is the cat I own. Meows with an old woman’s raspy call: “Why don’t you call me more often?”

“I’m calling you now, grandmother.”

“But you never call me anymore!”

Perhaps this is my replacement grandmother for the one I never had. My sweet grannie, telling me to pay her more attention. Wondering what’s so great about technology, or computers. Thinking that dogs would be great if they’d just learn to follow her directions. My sweet, loving grandmother cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment