Monday, September 21, 2009

I am King

Working on more poems for my creative writing class.
Decided to focus on my dog, Piper~ She's five months old.

----------

The sun snatches at her pelt
Through plastic leaves.
Her claws toss the
fabric soil,
Skin sliding across bone and sinew
With savage power.

She pauses,
Vice grip focused on a stray bra
She found beneath the bed.
Twin black pools blink twice,
Reflecting fish-eyed faces.
I want to say,
"Well done. Carry on."
Seep back into the leather thicket
And save myself her shattered heart.

But I am King of this foreign plane.
Her beautiful savagery must learn to bow,
Kiss my hand,
And be grateful for only half a soul.

2 comments:

  1. LUL, bra.

    The way you use words...
    So vivid, precise and informative.

    Daaanng shaku, you really are amazing. Dx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lolol~ My teacher liked it, too XD

    I has holes in my bra ;A; *crais*

    ReplyDelete